Turmeric is definitely having a moment in the wellness circle, however not undeservedly as it's anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties are pretty impressive.
As a gift to your liver, immune system, brain and colon try drinking a glass of 'golden milk' 60mins before bed. It tastes good and is an amazing habit to integrate into your day.
We serve Golden Milk in our Samsara Cafe. But we are nice people here and so happy to share our recipe with you!
To make the tumeric paste you'll need:
• 1/2 a cup of filtered water
• 1/4 cup of organic turmeric powder
• 1/2 teaspoon of organic ground pepper
Combine all the above in a small pan whilst stirring over a medium heat until it becomes a paste. Then let the paste cool in the fridge.
To make Golden Milk you'll need:
• 1 teaspoon of organic coconut oil
• 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric paste
• 1 cup of almond milk
• Organic, raw, unfiltered honey for taste.
Mix all the ingredients over medium heat except the honey, being careful not to let it boil. Add honey to taste and there you go, a golden milk fit for a king.